A few of you shared last week that you enjoy going to dinner on Sundays so try this dish out on another day of the week! I got it from the Food Network! The thing I like about this dish is that it is easy and the ingredients can be easily modified. I will sometimes add chicken or shrimp or I will switch up the snap peas with asparagus or green beans. This recipe is a great one for those of you who like to walk through the local farmers markets. It is great with fresh ingredients! Share your recipes and let me know what your thoughts are for those of you who try this out!
PAPPARDELLE WITH SNAP PEAS
Cooking time: 30 min. Total time: 30 min. Serves: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, roughly chopped
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1 bunched fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound pappardelle pasta (about 8 oz.)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese or grated pecorino
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, snap peas, jalepeno, salt and cook, stirring until soft, about 4 minutes. (This is where you would add in the meat first if you are choosing to add some).
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta in the boiling water al dente. Reserve 2/3 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables.
3. Pour the reserve cooking water into the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Bring to a boil and whisk the butter until it melts, then cook until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour the sauce over the pasta and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese and toss. Top pasta with the remaining cheese and serve.