Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And the Stars Align...

You know those moments where you are having a tough day and you wonder, "Why am I here?  What is my role in the grand scheme of things?"  I am sure you do, because we all have those moments.  As a teacher I have had many of those.  Correct me if I am wrong, but most teachers go into the profession for one of two reasons.  They either love kids or they want to make a difference in people's lives and being a doctor would just take too darn long.  Kidding about the doctor thing...sort of.  I knew that I wanted to make a difference with students and directly impact their immediate lives which is why I became a health teacher.  Even still, on tough days, I would wonder if I was truly making a difference.

I had a very interesting thing happen to me yesterday.  I can't go into too many details right now but it was the kind of thing that makes you look up at the sky ad say, "I understand now. This is my time to make a difference."  I apologize for the teaser but I want to make sure I have all the facts together so that I can really share this story in all its craziness. I can say that I got wind of a story about a young man who has gone through many hardships including the loss of both his parents.  He, as a friend put it, is a "modern day philanthropist."  He is a poet, a photographer, and a visionary.  This young man is about to partake on an amazing journey and I wanted to help before I even knew who he was.  Yesterday when I was told his name, I learned that he was one of my past students.  I spoke to him last night for the first time in almost seven years and I am committed to using all of my resources to help him.  That includes all you haute moms out there so get ready! I just had to write about this and share because my mind is still spinning from how the universe works sometimes.  Stand by haute moms...the best is yet to come and I hope you will all be a part of it.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I used to be a teacher, too, and I love hearing about what my former students are doing. Can't wait to read more details! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear...I'm on the edge of my seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower From WWBH!!
    When you get a chance, I would love for you to stop and follow me back!

    Cheers

    http://www.kaentrenos.net/2011/01/pra-esquentar.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am your newest follower from a Wednesday Blog Hop :) I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Really haute comments