ROCKY ROAD CHOCOLATE CAKE
Prep: 15 min. Cook Time: 3 hours 40 min. Stand: 15 min.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- 1 (18.25 oz.) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (you can use almonds instead)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Beat the cake mix. next 5 ingredients, and 1 1/4 cups milk at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a lightly greased, 4 qt. slow cooker.
2. Cook remaining 2 cups of milk in a non-aluminum saucepan over medium heat. stirring often, 3-5 minutes or just until bubbles appear. Do not boil.
3. Sprinkle cook and serve pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding. Cover and cook LOW for 3 1/2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pecans in a nonstick skillet over medium-to-high heat, stirring often. 3-5 min. or until toasted and fragrant.
5. Turn off slow cooker and sprinkle cake wtih pecans. marshmallows, and chocolate morsels. Let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted. Spoon into dessert dishes, and serve with ice cream, if desired.