Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Moving Watch 2011

One week after moving and we are still in the process of, well, moving.  The past week has been right out of a horror movie. You know when you hear all of those horror stories that people tell about their moves?  I am pretty sure that ALL of those things have happened to us. Laundry hasn't been done in over a week (because the washer and dryer aren't hooked up yet), I still can't find my hair straightener, there are a large number of boxes still to be unpacked, and the most recent development, we found a gas leak.  In the meantime, all I want to to do is decorate. 

Ready for some kayaking!
To avoid being a "bad mommy", I have been trying to get everything as normal as possible for Stella.  Her room was top priority as was getting all of her books and toys put away.  It never fails to amaze me how resilient our little ones are.  She hasn't skipped a beat, is sleeping and eating as normal.  Running around her new house, exploring all the rooms and dodging the leftover boxes has kept her quite busy as well as all the new things she has found during the move.  One of her favorites was one of our kayaks that we brought over, and were planning on selling.  We just couldn't get her out of it - I am not sure she even knew it was supposed to be in the water.  Looks like I have some kayaking in my future.  Her next favorite thing to play with (even though she has TONS of toys) has been the Swiffer Sweeper...this could come in handy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments