Friday, June 24, 2011

First Days at Daycare

Stella had her first week at daycare this past week (Tues. -Thurs.) and she loved it more than I could have imagined!  Moving her from a fantastic nanny, with one-on-one care, to an in-home daycare where the kids vary from three to six on any given day was a difficult decision.  The saving graces were that my friend from college had her two kids there and Stella had a blast each time we brought her to visit.

I have to say, the first day was nerve-wracking.  I am sure it was harder on me than it was on her.  Stacy, the owner of the daycare was not only nurturing of Stella,but also of me.  She called twice on the first day to give me little check-ups and even sent pictures of Stella.  When I picked Stella up she was all smiles, and had nothing but a good report. She played well, napped well, and ate like a champ.  Apparently she loves swiss chard!  How fabulous is a daycare that cooks swiss chard for lunch!?  Even better is the afternoon email all the parents get titled "Today we..." letting us all know what the menu and the activities for the day were.  I find myself looking forward to them!

I was very lucky to have such a good nanny and even more so to have this amazing daycare.  I love the fact that Stella is happy and having fun.  I know that this is the best place for her to learn and to develop her social skills.  It is often very hard to be a working mom and feel especially forutnate that if I have to work, I have a place where Stella is safe and happy.

Taking charge!

Worked up an appetitie!

Mmmm!  Swiss chard!

Playing on day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments