Friday, March 18, 2011

Haute Mom Dilemma #35 - Sassy Stella

What did I do mom?

Sassy, stubborn, stinker, snooper are all new words that I would use to describe my daughter. My last dilemma shared how Stella's personality was coming out and I had no idea what I was in store for.

In my book of milestones (you know where I secretly compare my child to the perfect "may possibly be able to" child in the text, the words testing and protesting have been on the lists lately. It is with a tad bit of sorrow that I report she is successfully achieving those two milestones with flying colors. My husband and I have been observing, with mixed grief and amusement, the screeching when something gets taken away or the grunting and fist shake when in a situation she doesn't want to be in (like being put into her highchair).

I should have known that with the cute displays of love and affection would come an opposite emotion and action but sheesh! Someone can be a little baby diva if you know what I mean. I wish the books would tell me how long this will last. Should I start reading about early discipline? Her "I'm so innocent look"



Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. OH yes- that look there says "Innocent" for sure!! I know that look and then it can turn so fast!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie is pretty sassy, too. She definitely is starting to care when we take something out of her hands, has an opinion about certain things {especially food}, and tells us when she is not getting her way. I wonder if this is happening "early" because they are girls. Seems like the girls go to these stages quicker than some of the sweet baby boys I know.

    ReplyDelete

Really haute comments