Friday, January 28, 2011

Fashion Friday

Today I have another classic piece to share with you from Carilyn Vaile. I don’t know about you but I am always searching for the perfect tank top to wear under a blazer, cardigan or sweater. I often just buy inexpensive layering tanks from Target or something and wear those. The problem that I have noticed is that they don’t last very long and that they look inexpensive. Don’t get me wrong, they are great for the weekends but I often feel that when I wear them under my work clothes, you can tell that the quality is not up to par. I also have had issues with wearing them under open jackets or cardigans because they are so thin. When you work in a school district, thin has “inappropriate” all over it. Add my oh-so shapely nursing boobs to the equation and I am the poster woman for scandal.

Carilyn Vaile makes the perfect white tank (and other colors too). Even more perfect because it is in her no dry cleaning, wrinkle resistant fabric. She calls it “The Lady’s Tank” (CVC 5) and I can assure you, this is the best, basic white tank your wardrobe could have. It is comfortable and form-fitting with just the right amount of fabric to hide any of those haute mom rolls you may have hanging on for dear life. The neckline is flattering and just low enough to wear a cute necklace or accessory. Even better, it has a built-in shelf bra for added support. As we get older, I know we tend to spend more on quality items of clothing, especially for work, or other more formal events. This is a piece that will last the haute mom a long time!

Check out the versatility of the tank top at http://www.carilynvaile.com/collections/fall-1-2010 - Carilyn shows it as a tank and how it can double for a vest. Two for the price of one! 

Fabric in the right places!


My little white tank under my jacket.


1 comment:

Really haute comments