Normally in these types of situations I get flustered, and now with Stella as my wingbaby, it can be really difficult. She was a total trooper and this mom was able to stay cool through it all. I have to share one thing that made this possible and that was her new stroller. I have been using the Chicco Travel System up until now. I love the system but sometimes find it too big and bulky. Maclaren recently sent me the Quest stroller that claims to be "the lightweight sporty solution" and it filled every promise!
- It's lightweight like an umbrella stroller and weighs in at a little over 12 pounds
- It has a carrying strap, so when it is folded (in an umbrella stroller fold) you can sling it over one shoulder
- It can be folded down with one hand (many others claim the same but we know that unless you have Hulk hands, it ain't happening)
- There are 4 seat positions so Stella has been able to be comfy no matter what her mood is
- The seat is removable and washable. You all remember my diaper blowout dilemma right? Problem solved!
- It is water resistant and comes with a raincover
- It offer a UV protected window so that I can see Stella without having to risk her exposure to the sun
- It is appropriate for 3 months and up - and can carry up to 55 pounds. This stroller has a very long usage period. Most of the other stroller where a car seat is not needed start at 6 months. Stella still can't sit comfortably at 6 months in her Chicco stroller without being in her car seat.
- It is DARLING! I have the Cath Kidston design which is a vintage-inspired edition in red with white dots.
Overall, this stroller fits every need. It is durable, but has the convenience of an umbrella stroller. There are plenty of storage pouches, a basket and it is every but as comfy for Stella as her big Chicco. Although the cost is higher then the average umbrella stroller, I would tell any new mommy to register for this one as her main stroller. It can be used early on with the bells and whistles of a travel system but has the ease of an umbrella stroller which is so important when running errands on your own, like every haute mom does. And there are some super haute designs to really express your inner mommy!