Monday, November 28, 2011

Haute Mom Dilemma #57 - Falling Off the Wagon

Muffin top is not a term I am very fond of.  Especially since it can be used to describe a rather unsightly part of my body that seems to have developed somewhere during pregnancy.  Even after I lost the pregnancy weight, the annoying extra layer around my middle stayed put.  So long, low waisted jeans.

Over the past year or so, I packed on about five (ok, more like seven) pounds.  Again, normally not reason to panic, except now, those pounds are holding tight around my waist, kind of like Stella does when she doesn't want me to go to work.  But not as heartwarming.

I went back on a little diet about a month ago and along with my Team in Training workouts (have you checked out my webpage yet?) I was able to lose about five pounds!  Very exciting and the muffin top was diminished to minimal appearances.  And then came Thanksgiving.

I know I don't need to tell anyone about the damage that can be done on Thanksgiving, and if this was limited to one day it wouldn't be a big deal. As I peer in my fridge and look at the endless leftovers, it is quite apparent that the overeating may be here to stay.  And no, I don't have the willpower to fight it.  Even worse, Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season known for the delightful eats throughout the entire month of December and of course, the onset of the New Year's resolutions of dieting.

What to do when trying to battle the holiday treats?  Exercise is a simple solution, and again, with my half marathon just around the corner, it should be an easy fix.  Although with the shortened days, cold weather, and busy schedules, it is easier said than done.  I did take advantage of our 80 degree weather this weekend (don't hate me) and managed to take Stella for a long bike ride. Perhaps I will just embrace the extra winter layer for now until I come up with a better solution or find some willpower.  The sad thing is, the entire time I have been writing this, the stuffing and pumpkin pie in the fridge have been calling my name.  Give me strength.

My workout partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments