I truly believe that being a mom and having Stella is what has made the difference. The glasses that I see things from are a color that I didn't know existed. Stella has completely changed the way I look at family, work, and how I spend my time. Much of this has come from lessons that my sassy, little daughter has taught me.
Lessons Learned From an 18-month-old Teacher (in no particular order)
1. Love is unconditional - No matter what the mood, the situation, or the day's events, at the end of the day, your family members are there to love you no matter what and vice versa.
2. Schedules are sometimes meant to be broken - Not following a schedule can lead to quality time with loved ones that would have been missed otherwise.
3. Get mad, throw a fit, and get over it- When something happens that you don't like, have a quick 1 minute tantrum and then move on to something else. Don't dwell on it.
4. See the amazing things that life has to offer - Finding joy around you is simple. Whether it be something on the television, a walk in the sun, or even a new book, finding joy is easy. There are so many things to be happy about and they are right under our nose.
5. Play by your own rules - Who cares what the norm is. It doesn't matter if you want to wear pajamas all day long or watch the same thing on TV over and over again. Cookies for breakfast and pancakes for dinner? No problem. At the end of the day, nobody else cares.
6. You can never hug and kiss the people you love enough- Give hugs and kisses ALL THE TIME! When you can't use words to tell people how you feel, hug them and give them slobbery kisses to show them. It is surprisingly enjoyable!
7. Make each day a new day - It doesn't matter what happened yesterday. Live as though you don't even remember that it happened.
8. Be silly when you feel like it - Wear crazy hats and other people's shoes. Dance to commercials, roll around on the ground, and squeal out loud when there is something that excites you. The days are too short to worry about being judged, and when you surround yourself with people that love you, they won't judge you anyway.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4