Friday, July 29, 2011

Haute Mom Dilemma #50 ~ Temper City

I'm pretty sure she is taunting me.
Of course on my big dilemma #50, the topic would be this.   I have had the pleasure of seeing Stella's personality and character develop and she is...well...quite a character.  I have mentioned Stella's "sassy" side before but this side has grown more complex in the last week or so and "sassy" has turned into "temper".  In fact, acording to the report from day care yesterday, she threw her first temper tantrum.  Well, it was "a bit of a temper tantrum" according to her day care provider but I am pretty sure she was trying to spare me the magnitude.  I know my Stella and nothing she does is "a bit".  It is all or nothing with her.

Now, I wade into the "temper" pool and cautiously look around for any piranhas or gators. I have been a witness to the horrible scences of children throwing temper tantrums in public and swore "If I ever had a child who pulled that with me..."  I am now afraid that I am that parent, not by choice, and wonder if I should close all windows and lock all doors.  The best thing to do is ignore and walk away, not always realistic in public.  So what am I to do?  I can let her pitch a fit while at home but when I am in public and (god forbid) around FRIENDS this is not going to work for me.  I also, on the other hand, refuse to be the parent that gives their child whatever they want just to avoid these scenarios.  I guess it is going to be fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants as the temper stage starts to flare.  Please pray for me and hope that my little girl learns to handle her frustration and irritation in some other way.  How did all of you haute moms handle the little tempers on you babes?  And I use the term "little" loosely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments