Sunday, May 1, 2011

Back to Reality

I have had such an amazing week off with Stella. Not only was it amazing to have her visit with her grandparents (who live 400 miles away) but to also spend the days with her without worrying about having to go to work the next day or being tired from being at work all day long. Tomorrow, it is back to reality.

Times like this make me grateful for having a job where I am able to have time off with Stella but also wishing that I could be a full-time mommy. I have felt like I have learned or seen something new each day and wonder what I miss while I am at work. Luckily, I was able to take Stella to new places where I can watch her enjoy the new experiences in front of her. We have been working on her first steps and she was also introduced to the beach where I learned that we have a water baby on our hands! With the help of a good mommy friend, I had to overcome my dislike of being dirty after seeing Stella's joy in the big wide world of sand. Ick.


Isn't it funny how one can always feel as though they can never win? I love being home with Stella without having to worrying about paying for childcare or missing out on a big milestone. If I was a stay-at-home-mom, I would probably miss the working world and being around other adults. Can't a lady ever be satisfied?! I guess in a way I do have the best of both worlds, working on a teachers schedule with breaks and summers off but I can't shake that "she's only young once" feeling especially since the big 1st birthday is two short weeks away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments