We can all do the red, white and blue fruit kabobs, and while always a favorite, this haute mom goes for savvy, smart and creative. Of course, it doesn't hurt that they are about as simple as boiling water.
A Sweet and Patriotic Treat
This idea is pure genius and sure to be enjoyed by everyone. Blog Room to Inspire hit the jackpot with some Red Vines and a bit of patriotic scrapbook paper.
- Cut the paper in strips
- Wrap the strips around a bundle of Red Vines
- Secure with double stick place.
Red and Blue With Flavor
This is at the top of my list because it involves, you guessed it, no cooking what so ever!
Note: This can also be mixed up with regular chips (hello blue potato and regular chips) as well as probably a hundred other yummy possibilities.
- Purchase patriotic paper cones or make some with scrapbook paper.
- Toss in red and blue tortilla chips, colored potato chips or any other colorful combo of snack items!
The other thing that makes this straight from the smarty pants brain is that it cuts down on cooties. Nobody likes all those hands in the community chip bowl.
Patriotic Sugar Wafers
You had me at wafer. Everyone loves a little something sweet and is it just me or are cakes and cupcakes a little over done? Besides, none of us moms want our kids chowing down on that..I mean, hellooooo...can you say HYPER? I think these are the perfect size, simple to make (way more than baking) and who doesn't love a wafer?
You will need:
1. 1 package each of colored chocolate candy melts (found in the cake decorating aisle)
2. 1 package vanilla sugar wafers
3. Assorted sprinkles
- Melt half the colored candy melts according to instructions
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and dip each wafer into the chocolate
- Place the dipped wafers onto the paper and cover with sprinkles
- Allow to dry
What a fun dessert thanks to Southern Made Simple! Perfect for kids to help with!
Here is to a great weekend of family, friends and love as many gather together in honor and thanks to those that have served and are serving our country.