Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

With 2012 off to a great start, I am happy to still have the week off of work.  Granted, I muttered about having to work all the way up to Christmas Eve but having this first week off is fantastic.  The Tinker Bell Half Marathon, my event with Team in Training and The Lymphoma and Leukemia Society is a little over three weeks away so I plan on concentrating on my training runs this week.  I ran 12 miles last saturday after two weeks of being utterly and completely exhausted and sick.  This Saturday will take me to about 14 miles, my furthest distance until the half marathon.  Nerves are starting to kick in!

With the training, traveling, and cleaning up from the hoidays, hubby and I spent New Year's Eve in our pajamas, watching the countdown on TV with a giant piece of carrot cake between us.  We did make it out to dinner, but chose to come home to ring in the New Year.  That seems to be more our speed lately, and I have no complaints.

I hope all of you haute moms had a wonderful New Year and celebrated in your own haute way.  Who says pajams aren't haute?  I am excited for all that is to come this year and have started on my first resolution of the year, losing that five pounds I packed on!  I know, typical...

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really haute comments